Pokémon developer Game Freak is seeking qualified candidates to fill 23 positions—from management to graphic artists to programmers, and more.
Tokyo recruiting company CREEK & RIVER distributed the hiring announcement earlier this month. Seventeen positions are full-time, while the remaining six are contract-based. Those interested are directed to submit an online application.
Online interviews will be conducted via Skype on two different occasions; the first meeting will be from May 21-23, and the second meeting will be from June 4-6. All job applications must be submitted no later than June 5.
For some within the Pokémon community, this is a breath of fresh air. “Very good to hear,” said Twitter user Mr1Skill7. “Game Freak’s biggest weakness was always their lack of expertise and workforce. I am glad they are actually trying to change that.”
Available Positions at GAME FREAK inc.
- Planner (Leader)
- Graphic designer for maps
- Graphic designer for user interface
- Graphic designer for character models
- Graphic designer for motion/animation
- Graphic designer for effects
- Technical artist for character models
- Game programmer
- Game programmer (Leader)
- Communications programmer
- Build engineer
- R&D (library programmer)
- R&D (character AI programmer)
- Human Resources (hiring)
- Information systems charge
- Information management
- [Contract] Planner for Development 2nd Division
- [Contract] Graphic designer for monster animation
- [Contract] Graphic designer for monster character models
- [Contract] Graphic designer for character motion for event scene
- [Contract] Technical artist for model specification
- [Contract] Tool programmer
Game Freak is responsible for developing a variety of games other than those in the Pokémon series. For example, Little Town Hero was published in 2019 for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4. They also brought HarmoKnight and Pocket Card Jockey to Nintendo 3DS.